aluminium foil, baked, dinner, easy lamb recipe, easy meals, easy meat recipe, easy recipe, garlic, lamb, mains, meat, soy sauce, truffle lamb, truffle oil, truffles, white winter truffles
This is a super easy recipe, all you need is a rack of lamb, some chopped up garlic, soy sauce and some white pepper. And then you shove it in the oven. I used to make this in university when I could spare the money for some lamb meat (definitely did not fancify it with truffles back then!), and I ate it with rice. It made for a really satisfying meal!
This time around I made the dish again along with my other truffle themed dishes:-
Top left; uni mixed with sushi rice topped with ikura, truffles and more uni
Centre: Sea bream/tai sashimi with chopped canned black summer truffles in truffle oil, fleur de sel and shaved white truffles. I’ve made this before with black winter truffles
Bottom right: Garlic soy lamb with white truffles
Bottom left: Uni sushi with truffles, japanese mayonnaise, chives and white truffles
Here are a couple more pictures of the sashimi, won’t be doing up recipe posts on it as I’ve done it before:
(Yes, I bought a mountain of uni in honour of the white truffle! Hello cholesterol!)
Ingredients for the trio of truffle carpaccio dish (yeah well it was supposed to be a carpaccio but truth be told I bought it as sashimi)
Here’s a peak of the monster white truffle…
Ingredients (for 1 pax):
(Please ignore the ice wine, balsamic vinegar and honey that’s in the photo… I had initially wanted to make a separate sauce for the lamb but I found that the sauce from the lamb after cooking was more than sufficient!)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small rack of lamb, around 200g with the bone – this was a really small rack of lamb, thus only feeds one person
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- white pepper to taste
- 1 tsp white truffle oil (optional)
- white truffle shavings to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Place the room temperature lamb in a sheet of aluminium foil large enough to entirely wrap the lamb.
- Rub in the soy sauce, minced soy sauce and a dash of white pepper into the lamb
- Place 1 tbsp of water into the sheet before wrapping up the lamb.
- Place the lamb in the oven for about 35 minutes for a pink centre (you can adjust the temperature slightly higher and/or leave it in the oven for longer if you like it well done)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Shave white truffles over the top and serve